Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ella, Ella, Ella...

Ella has been saying some funny and interesting things the last couple of days. For example, she asked me if I knew why the earthquake people were giving us all their children. She then explained that it was because we had given them food and money and toys. I really don't know why she thought that this was an even trade.

Today, Olivia was in her jumper and she was jumping, hmmm shall we say vigorously, I said, "your going to town girl", to which Ella replied "I think she's going out of town, like to Kentucky".

And finally, on Thursdays I go to her school to listen to the kids read, play games with them and test them (I got the honor of testing 30+ kids on counting to 100 by 10's, 5's and 1's a few weeks ago...mind numbing). Anyway, today they had picked out books to read to me. I was told that if they didn't make a mistake they could get treasure box and that everyone else could pick a piece of candy. Ella's book was called Musical Adventure. When I saw the title I knew she would not be getting treasure box (she got the Music part but not Musical or Adventure). She read the rest of the book perfectly. I told her that she had made a mistake so she couldn't get treasure box. She looked up at me and said, "but I am your daughter". She really thought that since I was her mom I would let her get treasure box. She was very disappointed when I pointed her toward the candy bucket.

On another note, I am learning through this blog that I am not a very good writer. I guess that nothing I could write would be as great as pictures of these two faces.



Don't you agree?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your writing, but the pictures are great.

Erin said...

I agree, I always love pictures, especially of your sweet girls. But I don't know why you say you aren't a very good writer, I've enjoyed reading your posts! Besides, the best way to improve your writing is to keep writing. =)

Dianne said...

Well, I finally am able to see your blog and have thoroughly enjoyed it. You have done a beautiful job - the writing and your pictures. You have a beautiful family and won't it be wonderful that you can look back on all the memories you have recorded in word and with beautiful pictures - time well spent! Anna, you are very talented and creative so keep it up for us to enjoy!

kathy said...

Just reading over your blog and enjoying every word and the pictures are amazing. Looks like I may find a new hobby reading blogspots. I look forward to reading more of yours and Ella's insights.

Post a Comment