Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blog Award



The rules for this award are:
1 . When you have received this award you must thank the person that awarded you the award in a new post.
2 . Name 10 things that make you happy.
3 . Pass this award onto 10 bloggers and inform them.

I got my first blog award yesterday! Thank you Robin. You should visit her blog, The Hanlon Family. She has two really cute little girls.

So here are 10 things that make me happy.
1. My husband. He is always making me laugh about something. Like last night when we were talking about an Easter Egg Hunt we are having. I was saying that I was gonna have real and plastic eggs. Ken said, Anna you can't have real eggs they will bust and egg will get all over their baskets. Really Ken. Not raw eggs...boiled eggs. Now we know where Ella gets it from :)
2. My children, of course.
3. Sewing. I have always known how to sew, but I just haven't put it to use in many years. I have just finished matching outfits for Ella and Olivia.
4. When kids say funny things. The other day a little girl in my class said "my mom killed the eggs", after further discussion I figured out that what she meant to say was that her mom dyed the eggs, you know for Easter.
5. Taking pictures. I am by no means a professional, but I do enjoy learning little bits here and there. My brother is way better than me and he has been teaching me a little. You should check him out here.
6. Hamburgers. Not just any hamburgers. My dad's hamburgers. They are so juicy and flavorful. We have them once a week, usually on Monday. Ella calls them Poppop's famous hamburgers. So yummy.
7. Kentucky losing last weekend! I think the only thing that could have made me happier would have been seeing them win the whole thing and then getting it stripped away several months later for cheating. I might be a little bitter.
8. When I am folding socks and all of them have mates.
9. Shopping. I have to admit that I always feel good when I shop. Even if I return everything I bought I still feel happy.
10. A clean house. The smell of cleaning products and being able to walk in sock feet without your socks turning black is so nice.

I am passing this award to:
1. Lindsey at The Rowland Family
2. Kelly at The Stockdale Family
3. Maegan at The Pairs
4. Ashlee at Workman Witticism's
5. Erin at A Dozen Blue Daisies

I guess I am breaking the rules here because I don't really know anyone else to pass the award to. Oops.

4 comments:

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

Love the first story about the eggs! I LOL'd. Would love to see the matching outfits you made! :)

Maegan said...

Thanks for the award! Makes me feel special. I love when all the socks have mates too. It doesn't happen often but when it does, it is wonderful :) Hope ya'll have a happy easter!

Ashlee said...

Thanks Anna for the Award!! it was fun!

Erin said...

Thanks for thinking of me, Anna! I will get around to writing a post and passing the award along soon!

The story about the "dyed" eggs is too funny, and I feel exactly the same way about Kentucky, lol.

Post a Comment