Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Ken and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary today. Ken brought me lunch (Lenny's philly chicken w/ranch...yummy) and my mom made a huge dinner tonight. I thought it might be fun to post some of our wedding pictures (I don't have a scanner, so these are pictures of pictures). We looked so much younger and thinner 7 years ago.



I really liked my dress. Ella always tells me that when she gets married she will wear my dress. We'll see if she still feels that way in 30 years when we let her get married.


My dad performed the ceremony, after he walked me down the aisle. It was very sweet, I think almost everyone was crying.



The whole wedding was "homemade". Me and my mom made the centerpieces, a family friend made the bridesmaids dresses, my Aunt Betty made the cake, my mom's sisters did all the food, and family members and friends provided the music.



When it was time for us to leave we could not find the car keys. My brother had moved the car around earlier for us, but then had to leave (we got married on a Sunday and he had to lead worship at his church). We thought that maybe he had taken them on accident, but we couldn't get him on his phone (duh, he was leading worship). We kept searching and eventually found them. When we finally left, we had to turn around and go back because we had forgotten to sign the Marriage License. It wasn't funny then, but now I can laugh about it...a little. I still lose my keys every day and I still try to blame it on someone else.



Happy Anniversary Ken!

5 comments:

timlinzrowland said...

Great Pictures! Where did you guys get married at??? Just wait until April when I post my wedding pics for our 8th anniversary.....I was sooo much thinner 8 years ago!

Erin said...

It's hard to believe it has been that long!You guys did such a good job planning your wedding. It was beautiful and a lot of fun! I'd forgotten how pretty your dress was, Ella may end up wanting to wear it after all. =)

Jason said...

I am loving the first picture of Ken. Happy Anniversary. Nat and I celebrate 10 years in May. Good luck with keeping Ella from marrying for 30 years.

Ashlee said...

Congratulations!!!7 years is fantastic!!

Maegan said...

Congrats! I love your dress! It looks like ya'll had a great time. That first picture of Ken is too funny. I

Post a Comment