Saturday, March 20, 2010

Louisville

We have had a fun trip visiting family this weekend. I was really trying to get a good picture of my Mamaw with Ella and Olivia. This was the best I could get.



I love my Mamaw. When we were young she would make matching clothes for everyone, including our Barbies. She has alzheimers now and is no longer able to sew, but I will always remember all of the special things that she made for us.


Ella enjoys coming to Louisville because she gets to play with her cousin Emily (really my cousin). It was beautiful outside today so we decided to go to the park.






Then we headed back to Mamaw and Papaw's house to play with bubbles...


and bowls.



My Great Grandmother (Granny Fannie) passed away recently (she was 99) and my Papaw received several of her belongings. This was a butter churner that she had, the date on it is February 14, 1922 ( I can't imagine keeping something that long). We obviously didn't need to churn butter with it, so we made milkshakes. Maybe we should have taken it on Antique Roadshow, oh well, we might as well use it.





My Papaw is the busiest man I know. Not only does he care for my Mamaw, but he also has several rental houses (and is almost always looking for another one) that he keeps up with. He is always doing something. Right now he is getting ready to build an elevator in his house because it is hard for my Mamaw to use the stairs. Did I mention that he built their home and has added 2 storage buildings and a pool house. Yes, he is the hardest working man I know and he loves my Mamaw with his whole heart.

2 comments:

jenn said...

great pictures & sweet memories :o)

Dianne said...

Anna,
You have such a fun blog to look at and read. What a special young woman you have become with many varied talents. I actually had planned to send you and Ken a "Happy Anniversary" card, but good intentions just don't get it done!! I hope you both have many wonderful years and enjoy an exciting, blessed life with one another and your beautiful girls.

Post a Comment