Sunday, March 14, 2010

Slumber Parties

A few weeks ago, Jessica and I thought that it might be fun to have a good old fashioned slumber party. Our husbands thought that we were a little odd, but they were willing to play along (Jessica's husband left for the night, Alec stayed with her mom, and Ashton had a slumber party at my house with Ella). Friday night finally came and we had such a good time. We ate lots of yummy food, watched Twilight (the slumber party idea was really a trick to make some of the girls watch it, they thought they wouldn't like it, I am not sure we changed their minds), had some good girl talk, and even did a little craft project.

I didn't get a picture of everyone. Some were unable to stay the whole night. This is Brooke, Melissa, Me, Jessica and Lauren ( it's a little blurry).


I bought letters for everyone to decoupage, super easy.



It was late when we started noticing that some of our initials were initials for other things too.



Now we need to start planning our next get together. I am thinking about an "exchange your old purse, clothes, jewelry, home decor party". Anyone ever done this before?

When I got home Ella was eager to show me the tent she and Ashton made.


At about 8:45 we got a call that they wanted to show our house at 10:15. It was a mad dash to get my house in tip-top shape for the showing. Luckily, Ashton was there to help me. She is so good with Olivia. She changed her diaper and got her dressed for me.

Now I am paying the price for staying up late and the time change didn't help much either. Maybe I can get caught up on my sleep before I go to Lousville this week and endure another time change.

4 comments:

Maegan said...

i had so much fun friday! sorry i could not stay. have a good trip this week!

the exchange party sounds like fun! i have heard of people doing it with clothes. i am sure it would work for anything else too.

jenn said...

so cute :o)

timlinzrowland said...

Yay for another showing!!!!! Hope you have better luck than we do on our showings!

Natalie said...

Melissa told me she was mad at me for leaving her to watch Twilight with no one to complain with! I have done an exchange like that in the Bible study I go to. We each bring a set number of items, separate them then draw numbers and we take turns picking things. It is always a lot of fun and we do it with ladies clothes, kids clothes, purses, toys, accessories etc.

Post a Comment