Monday, April 12, 2010

Hooray...Kinda

I am so happy today because we got an offer on our house. Well, kinda. I guess I should start at the beginning. About a year after we bought our house FEMA rezoned the flood maps, putting us in a flood zone. The way they zoned us required that we pay flood insurance which was escrowed into our mortgage. We were so upset. Even though our road dips a little in front of our house, our house is on a slight hill. We also have a huge drainage ditch past our back fence and several drains on our road. We have neighbors who have lived in their houses for 30+ years and have never had any flooding problems. We didn't really fight it at the time, just sucked it up and payed. Fast forward to this weekend. A realtor showed our house to a single mom on Saturday who loved it. She came back for a second showing today and they wrote up an offer. Right before they sent it to our realtor the bank called and said that she would have to be approved for more $$$$ to pay for flood insurance for the life of the mortgage. She could not get approved for the extra amount :( We have decided to hire a private company to come do a survey of our property to determine if we are truly in a flood zone. We have been told that sometimes FEMA takes a little liberty when zoning. The surveyor said that their results differ from FEMA quite often. So please pray that everything will work out. We know that God has a plan, even if we don't know what it is right now. I like to think that the plan is to get a good survey and sell our house to this lady and her little girl... and if God wants FEMA to reimburse us for all the money we paid in flood insurance, who am I to argue.

In other news my sister and her boyfriend have challenged me and Ken to run a 5K in the fall. We have started running which in the past consisted of "okay I will try to run from one mailbox to the next" huffing and puffing the whole 15 seconds. Tonight I didn't set a goal of a mailbox or street that I would stop running at, we just ran. Every time we came to an intersection I was secretly hoping that a car would come and we would have to stop and wait for it to pass and would you believe that we didn't see any cars at intersections. We didn't even have to stop to wait for the light to change so that we could cross a busy street. How about that. When we got home Ken drove the distance that we ran and I was surprised it was a mile. It might not sound like very far for some people but I sure am proud.

4 comments:

Maegan said...

yay anna!!! it is great that you ran a mile. you will be more than ready for a 5k.

i hope that everything works out ith your house. i will be praying!

jenn said...

yay for your 5k...i'm training for a 1/2 marathon in oct :o)
happy training!!

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

Wow! I will be praying about the house! God can turn this around for your favor! Praying for it!
Also good luck with the 5K! =)

timlinzrowland said...

Tim told me you guys had a second showing and from that moment on I was praying for you guys. When he told me all of this about the flood insurance, my heart sank for you! I will continue to pray though. God has done some things for us that no one can beleive and I know he will do the same for you!

Great job on the running, I am not a runner and would say that I would rather have a tooth pulled than run any day!

Post a Comment