Sunday, April 25, 2010

Baby Blankets, Notes In Church, and Sunflowers, Oh My!

I made my first baby blanket the other day! It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. The most difficult part was picking the fabric to use. I usually have an image in my head of how I want the finished product to look, but finding the fabric that goes along with that image is often impossible. This blanket was for my friend Natalie who is expecting her second daughter in June. I love the colors even though they don't look like "baby" colors. I really wanted to keep this blanket for myself. I think I will be making more of these very soon.



On Sundays during Church Ella usually writes or draws in a little notebook that I keep in my purse. She is typically very quiet. Today was no different until she showed me this...


I couldn't stop laughing. Ken started laughing. The people sitting behind us and next to us all saw it and started laughing as well. I hope that we weren't as loud as I think we were. (It says stinky feet, in case you can't decipher kindergarten "best guess spelling").

This afternoon Ella planted some sunflower seeds that we picked up from the $1 bin at Target. My sister bought these a few weeks ago and hers are growing like weeds (but lets hope they aren't weeds, it was the $1 bin after all)







Here they are all planted and ready to grow. Now we just need to remember to water them.

8 comments:

Maegan said...

i love kindergarten spelling! i knew what she was saying :)

good luck with the flowers... i always manage to kill what ever it is i am trying to grow. but that doesn't keep my from trying.

timlinzrowland said...

If it makes you feel better I had no clue you guys were laughing and I was only sitting a few rows in front of you!
Daniel wrote a letter to Tim one Sunday and it wasn't anything real funny but Tim made it so by writing back to him a crazy remark which in return made Daniel laugh so hard.
Laughter is contagious...especially in church!

shea said...

I love the blanket. The note was pretty hilarious. I think were as loud as you think we were.

Dee said...

Ohhh la la! I love the blanket. I will take one adult size in cream/off white, light green, and purple. Whatever designs you think work best. Please and thank you. hehehehe :)

Natalie said...

Yay, I love my blanket!! Thank you so much for making it! Not only is it super cute but also super comfy. I think an adult version would be awesome! I wish I had your talent for craftiness. The note is hilarious!! Poor Ken can't catch a break.

jenn said...

i laughed out loud at that letter :o)
ha. ha.

so sweet!!!

great job on the blanket!!!
i want one for me!! ha.

Kristin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I laughed so hard when I read your post. Your girls are so pretty and I lobe the baby blanket. The church note was the funniest thing. I love it.

Natalie Catherine said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower...so glad i came by your blog through it. this post made me smile!! :) i'm a follower now!

Post a Comment