Sunday, May 23, 2010

Olivia's Party

Today we celebrated Olivia turning one by having a party at a local park. Even though it was oh so HOT, I think everyone still had a good time. I found some cute daisy invitations last year and just knew Olivia's 1st birthday would have a daisy theme. I had so much fun planning this party.

This post has a ton of pictures, but it was Olivia's special day, and I like to take pictures, so sorry.


I (not actually me) hung some rope and used clothes pins to hang pictures from the last year.


The party favors. I copied this from something I saw on another blog. The picture says "Plant One...On Me" and Olivia has lip prints on her cheeks. I put some potting soil and a packet of daisy seeds (of course) in the little pot. I really like how they turned out.


I found these on clearance at Michael's and thought they would be perfect. I (not actually me) hung them from a rope down the middle of the tables.


I also made the cake. It was not as smooth as I would have liked, but it was so yummy (if I do say so myself).


After Easter, Target put these daisy hats on clearance (a quarter each). We used them for party hats.


The birthday girl.




She agrees about the cake.




Cousins and friends.




She agrees about the cake too!


Ella was so sweet and helpful. After everyone sang Happy Birthday, Ella sang a special birthday song that she learned at school. She also helped Olivia open all of her gifts. She is a great big sister.






Happy Birthday Olivia! We love you.

I told you there would be a lot of pictures :)

4 comments:

Jason said...

Party was awesome and your craftiness certainly showed. The cake was good, Natalie loved the slice you sent home for her. Thank you for inviting us.

jenn said...

very impressed =)

cute cute idea!!

you did great on the cake!!!

Erin said...

You did such a great job, this was the cutest party ever! And the cake was sooo good, as was everything else. Austin partied until he dropped! Thanks for having us, we had so much fun. ;)

timlinzrowland said...

You did a great job with all the decorations! It is very hard to do something this crafty for boys so I can't wait until I get to plan Adeline's parties! Can't beleive Olivia is already a year old! Time goes so fast!

Post a Comment