Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day & Sewing

We had a good Father's Day today. Ella took Ken to see Toy Story 3, then we went to my parents house for a late lunch. After lunch we went shopping and Ken picked out a pair of shoes and 2 polo's for his gift. Happy Father's Day Ken, you are a great dad and husband!

I have not started the 4th of July outfits yet, but I have been busy working on other things. I made matching outfits for Ella and Olivia the other day. I didn't take pictures yet but I will try to soon.

Several months ago I was looking on Etsy at some camera strap covers. They were so cute, but I didn't want to pay for one when I knew I could make one myself.

This is my old plain strap...


And this is my new pretty strap cover...


I love these flowers. I found a great tutorial here on how to make them. So easy!


I had most of the supplies I needed on hand. I used fabric that was left from the baby blanket that I made. So the whole project cost me about 50 cents (the cost of 2 sheets of felt)!

Now this is what my kitchen table looks like. I am not very good at cleaning as I go. If you look very closely you can still see the red, white, and blue fabric waiting to be cut and sewn! Maybe tomorrow.

4 comments:

Dee said...

That is so cute! 50 cents? Awesome!

timlinzrowland said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I have felt on hand in my crafting tub. I think I will try this today while I sit back and relax with my feet up trying to stay cool.

Katie P said...

So cute! I'm glad you found my tutorial so easy!

Katie P
Food, Wine, & Mod Podge

Maegan said...

you are so creative! that strap is so cute! my mom just gave me her sewing machine... i may need you to give me lessons on how to use it!

Post a Comment