Thursday, August 26, 2010

Spelling Test

We are so proud of this girl!


Do you see that grade on her first spelling test?


That's right, her first real grade in her school career and she got a 100!


Sure she has gotten graded papers before, but in kindergarten you only get a + or -. They don't start to give letter or number grades until 1st grade.

Her teacher gives the spelling test on Friday's but does a pretest on Wednesday.
If you get a 100 on the pretest you don't have to take it again on Friday, but instead you get 5 new words called Amazing Words. These words are harder than the regular words, but for each one you get right she adds a point to your test grade. Ella is practicing hard to turn that 100 into 105! Wish her luck.

6 comments:

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

Way to go Miss Ella!!! =)

On the vinyl ?, I use vinyl I ordered off of expressionsvinyl.com on the bottles. They do sell "outdoor vinyl" which may make them more water proof. I have a roll of it which I haven't used yet. It is a little more 'shiny' than the indoor/regular vinyl. Actually didn't think of using it until you asked. LOL =)

Dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dee said...

That's EXACTLY how Megan's teacher does it! And I heard recently that MCS and SC schools are/have been using the same exact curriculum for a few years now. I see from Ella's spelling words and the amazing words that it is true. Megan had the same words this week and she got a 100 to and turned it into a 105 today! I'm sure Ella did, too! Was her story this week "Sam Come Back." If so, how *amazing*! Awesome job, Ella!! Great way to start your school career!

Dee said...

Also, I just have to say that I didn't mean to "brag" about my child on your blog. I was just saying it because they had the same spelling words, amazing words, and the same "if you pass the pretest, you don't have to take the test again rule." That's all!

Kelly said...

Yay, Ella!

Maegan said...

Yay!!! That is awesome!

Post a Comment