Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This And That

I can't believe that Ella is turning 6 years old this week or that she is going to start 1st grade next week! We registered this morning and got to meet her teacher. I am very excited because she got the teacher that I really wanted her to have. She is young and seems like she will be a lot of fun.

I have been staying busy with birthday preparations.


I finally finished her birthday outfit. I also managed to make an outfit for the first day of school (sorry no pictures of that yet).




And more important than turning 6, starting 1st grade, sewing, or anything else in life...

this girl...

the one you see below...


asked Jesus to come into her heart!

She has been wanting to for awhile now, but I felt like she was too young. The last time she talked about it I decided that maybe I shouldn't be the judge of what age was appropriate. I decided that if she was feeling a nudge then I shouldn't discourage it. So yesterday morning as we were trying to get out the door on time she brought it up again. We stopped what we were doing and right in our kitchen she prayed and asked Jesus to save her. I know that she does not fully understand everything, but really who does. We are all learning everyday. I think that's the way it is meant to be.

8 comments:

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

How wonderful! So happy for you and Ella! And what a wonderful thing that her mommy was the one who was a witness to that beautiful prayer. =) And as always, she's beautiful and your handy work with clothes is fabulous. ;-)

Maegan said...

That is awesome! It is even better because you were there with her. What an amazing moment that must have been!

Of course, her outfit is precious! You are so talented.

Erin said...

Anna, what a truly precious moment! It doesn't surprise me that Ella is ready so young, she's always seemed wise beyond her years. Not to mention that she's had so many opportunities to hear the gospel. =) I'm so happy for both of you!

Her birthday invitations and outfit are too cute! Can't believe it's time for her to go to 1st grade.

Kristin said...

That is so great that she wanted to except Jesus in her heart and the outfit is so cute. I.Love.It

timlinzrowland said...

Oh that is so wonderful. Today has been a really hard day for me and this made my day. I know how proud you are of her!

Anonymous said...

i am so proud for Ella. I know that you and Ken are blessed to have such sweet and pretty girls. smart too. i love looking at my nieces on your blog. thanks for this. love to you all. aunt shirley

Dianne said...

What a blessed mother you were to be with Ella for that "special prayer" of salvation! You have precious daughters and you and Ken are great parents to them.
And, as always, I love seeing all your creative outfits and ideas for your parties. Great job!

Goosegirl said...

Oh that is so wonderful! I remember when each of my girls asked Jesus to come into their hearts. India was 6 and Ahnalin was 5, and they both meant it. It is so special when we, as parents are blessed to witness these tender times of commitment. Congratulations Ella on the best decision you will ever make.

Post a Comment