Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Elf On The Shelf

I have been hoping for quite some time that one of these cute little elves would find it's way to our house.


Tonight one finally did. At first Ella was a little apprehensive. She couldn't figure out where it had come from. It just appeared under our Christmas tree. It didn't take long for her to get excited and to give our elf a name, Frank.


Each night between now and Christmas he will fly back to Santa and give a report on Ella and Olivia's behavior. He will return the next day in a new spot, waiting to be found.

Ken just came in the room and told me that when Ella said her prayers tonight she said "and please don't let my teacher think I'm crazy when I tell her about the elf at my house". This should be fun!

Does anyone else have an elf that visits them? If so, what did you name yours?

4 comments:

timlinzrowland said...

I have been curious about what this elf and book where about. We don't really get that into Santa. We thought we would before kids and then we just really never got into it after having kids. We let them sit on his lap and believe if they want to but we don't push it. That is kinda how it was for both Tim and I growing up. I think this idea with the elf and book is a great one though!
Love the last picture

Jason said...

We have one, that Kate named Krispie. It gets hard to find new spots to put him every morning though.

Ashlee said...

Aw, thats too cute! Where did you get it?

Dee said...

I'm glad you got one! We are loving our elf, named Bruno. I blog about his surprises almost daily. It is so much fun. Hope your family is enjoying it!

Post a Comment