Sunday, February 27, 2011

Road Trip

This weekend some friends and I traveled to Arkansas to hear Angie Smith speak at Kelly's church (from Kelly's Korner).

We left Memphis at about 6:00 in the evening and didn't get to the hotel until 1:00 in the morning. We were tired, but managed to stay awake until 4:00 a.m. just talking and laughing.



Getting ready to leave the hotel we were all a bit excited.




Here we are at Mugs and Muffins. Everyone is suppose to bring their favorite mug, so I made these for all the girls that went with us.


Here it is, the moment we all waited for...


After Angie spoke she signed copies of her book. Not only did Angie sign my copy, but her beautiful 5 year old daughter Kate also signed it.

We were so happy to get our picture taken with Angie and Kelly! They were both so kind and funny and pretty...just like I knew they would be! It's a little weird to know so much about a person from reading their blog and praying for them over the years. When we were talking to Kelly we were telling her how we always talk about her and Angie like they are our close personal friends, when in reality they have no clue who we are. Kelly was so nice and said that we were all friends!



Some of my favorite quotes from the weekend:

-While trying to fall asleep somebodies foot kept touching mine... "Stay on your side of the bed, I am not your husband".

-While waiting for Angie to speak someone who shall remain nameless said, "This is better than going to the Oscar's!"

-While getting our picture taken with Kelly and Angie someone said, "Wait my bra strap is hanging out". Kelly replied, "That's okay, my belly is hanging out". (She is 9 months pregnant).

I am truly blessed to have such good friends and now I have two more friends. Remember, Kelly said we were friends. I wonder if I should call before I stop by for dinner.

Just kidding :)

1 comments:

Dee said...

Looks like you gals had such a good time! What amazing women to meet - I love Angie's story and her blog. She is an inspiration to all women.

Cute pictures!

I so would have tagged along with y'all!!

Post a Comment