Monday, August 8, 2011

Back To School

It's that time of year again.

Ella had her first day of school today and let's just say she was less than thrilled.

It kinda snuck up on us this year. I didn't even get any supplies till this weekend.



I also decided yesterday that I needed to make her something for her first day of second grade.

Sadly we are nearing the end of her willingness to wear mommy made things.

She finally agreed to a ruffle on a denim skirt.

Special thanks to Shea for appliqueing the shirt for me late last night and bringing it to me at midnight.

She understands the importance of having a new outfit and my problem with waiting till the last minute.




I also decided yesterday that I needed to make something for Ella's teacher.

Nothing like a gift to start the year off right.

I copied this idea, but changed it up a little.



I am so excited about this school year. I have heard wonderful things about her teacher and Ella has several of the same kids in her class that she had in Kindergarten and First grade.



When I picked Ella up this afternoon she seemed a little more excited.

It's probably because her teacher said she would give her a candy bar for her birthday.



2 comments:

timlinzrowland said...

The sign turned out really cute! I like the idea of using a canvas, I will be making this sometime this year but first up is the crayon wreath.

Ashlee said...

She looks so big Anna!

Post a Comment